Cap Draining (NOS/Neuts)
Cap draining with Nosferatus or Neutralizers reduces your targets cap and in some cases adds it to your own.
Methods of application:
- Modules - NOS and Neuts are highslot modules, the main attributes of which are range, cap amount neutralized or drained and cycle time.
- Drones - There are neutralizing drones available in various sizes.
The mechanic for these is simple, each of them have a cycle time. Every cycle time seconds the cap amount is drained from the enemy. In case of NOS, the cap is added to your own, in the case of neuts you sacrifice a certain amount of energy but get a much bigger effect on the targets capacitor.
- Energy Emission Systems - Decreases cap usage amount by 5% per level.
NOS-specialized ships come from the amarr and bloodraider races.
- Curse - Amarr recon, Gets 20% bonus to cap amount transferred and 40% bonus to Nosferatu and Neutralizer range per recon skill level.
- Pilgrim - Amarr recon, Gets 20% bonus to cap amount transferred per recon skill level.
- Cruor - Blood Raider frigate, Gets 10% bonus to cap amount transferred per skill level.
- Ashimmu - Blood Raider cruiser, Gets 10% bonus to cap amount transferred per skill level.
- Bhaalgorn - Blood Raider battleship, Gets 10% bonus to cap amount transferred per skill level.
There are no direct counters to nos, however, an indirect and viable counter is using a cap injector.