Each ship has a certain amount of capacitor power, which is used to run active modules (see ActivePassive
.) Capacitor power is often abbreviated as "cap."
Modules that increase Cap
Modules that increase capacitor are found in the “engineering” group of Ship Equipment. They include
- Capacitor Rechargers which increase recharge rate
- Capacitor Batteries which increase the overall amount of capacitor size. Also because the amount of time needed to recharge the capacitor doesn’t change as the capacitor is enlargened, adding a battery effectively increases the recharge rate as well.
- Power Diagnostics systems which give a slight increase to capacitor size and recharge rate, as well as bonuses to shield recharge rate and powergrid.
- Capacitor Power Relays, which also increase your recharge rate, boosting it more than Capacitor Rechargers. However, they decrease your shield boosting, and take up a low slot.
- Capacitor Boosters, which use cap booster charges to inject power into the capacitor. The boosters must be loaded with charges much in the same way guns are loaded ammunition, and then activated.
Skills that Assist the Capacitor
Skills that increase your capacitor power include
- Energy Grid Upgrades, which allows you to use modules that increase your capacitor, such as cap batteries, cap rechargers, power diagnostics, etc.
- Energy Management, which increases your capacitor capacity.
- Energy systems Operation, which increases your recharge rate.