Known Issues & Changes
For recent changes, check the Recent Changes. This is the archive.
- 28 Oct 2005 | Complexes update for Tash-Murkon and Khanid | Explorer Beta
Removed 2 duplicate complexes from Tash-Murkon and added 3 new complexes. Similar edits for Khanid.
Thanks to JP Beauregard.
- 28 Oct 2005 | Triplicates in some listings (complexes, npc trade) | Explorer Beta
Some data showed up three times in some of the listings after I added the OR functionality. Fixed.
Thanks to Derron Bel.
- 21 Oct 2005 | Agent restricted station search bug | Explorer Beta
When you selected stations by restricting agents, for instance showing all stations with level 3 agents, the page would return an error. This problem has been fixed.
- 17 Oct 2005 | Added more data | Explorer Beta
I added more data on complexes and trade. I've also figured out a way to get the data on trade right, so added that to the known issues, will work that out later.
Thanks to JP Beauregard for scouring the universe in search of complexes.
- 17 Oct 2005 | Added A FAQ on gt/lt/eq | Explorer Beta
I added an explanation of the use of gt/lt/eq on the FAQ page. The use of the translated symbols is particularly confusing when visiting from an out of game browser.
Thanks to Jareth Yarrick.
- 11 Oct 2005 | Added OR and OR NOT to the logical operators for search terms | Explorer Beta
You can now search using the logical operator OR. Many people have asked for it, so I decided to add it. It may be a bit quirky though. The logical operators are simply applied in order, without preference for AND (the default) or OR. NOT always only applies to the term it immediately preceeds though. If this makes no sense, don't use it. If you have any trouble setting up a specific query, let me know.
Thanks to Damian Richardson (pilotname?) and Irongut.
- 11 Oct 2005 | Added yet another view "show npc trade" | Explorer Beta
You can list the actual items being sold by NPCs at several stations. But please read the known issues above for the bad news. It's excellent for queries like "show npc trade" "sold, with name containing" "Thorax Blueprint" for instance, to find a station selling NPC Thorax Blueprint originals.
- 11 Oct 2005 | Fixed a few odd SQL errors
Well, I could go in depth, but let's not.
- 04 Oct 2005 | Negative true security | Explorer Beta
Added the '-' to negative true security again, people were confused about the seemingly high security.
- 04 Oct 2005 | Negative true security search | Explorer Beta
When you tried to find systems with a negative true security, for instance '<-0.5', the system would report an SQL error and leave the entered value unchanged. It now properly parses queries like '<-0.5'.
- 04 Oct 2005 | Skillbooks and Blueprints | Explorer Beta
Apart from trade goods, you can now also find stations or systems that have NPCs selling a specific skillbook or blueprint orginal. Note that the list it generates won't tell you what is sold exactly. So, if you try to find NPCs selling 'target', you will get a lot of matches, since it matches the skill 'Targeting', but it also matches all the modules with the word 'target' in their name and their BPOs. Be as precise as possible in your query.
- 04 Oct 2005 | Additional Complexes | Explorer Beta
There was a bogus complex in the list and still more missing.
Thanks to Irongut.
- 04 Oct 2005 | 0.0 but still illegal | Explorer Beta
Some systems (like Karan) are reported as 0.0 security (by EVE as well as my browser), but their true security is >0. As a result, attacking other players is still illegal among other things. I've added a Q to the FAQ for this and ammended my security guide.
Thanks to Arngorf.
- 24 Sep 2005 | Additional Complexes | Explorer Beta
There were some bogus complexes in the list and still a lot missing. Please note that not all complexes have been verified. Please report any further errors or omissions.
Thanks to JP Beauregard.
- 15 Sep 2005 | Agent Info Popup | Explorer Beta
Agent info didn't show when you hit their info icon. This was due to the character typeid being removed in the previous patch. Traveller posted on the forums, advising to now use '1373' instead of '1' as the typeid for agents. Fixed.
Thanks to Derron Bel and Traveller.
- 08 Sep 2005 | R&D division selection | Explorer Beta
There were some problems selecting agents from the R&D division. Fixed.
Thanks to Par'Gellen.
- 29 Aug 2005 | Big overhaul query selection | Explorer Beta
You won't notice this, if I haven't messed it up. The query selection was making it very hard for me to extend the number of queries, so I rewrote it before adding any more.
- 29 Aug 2005 | Selecting complexes by name | Explorer Beta
You can now select complexes "with complex name containing ..".
- 29 Aug 2005 | Selecting systems by sovereignty | Explorer Beta
You can now select systems "with sovereignty containing ..", for instance, to select all Ammatar controlled systems. This only includes EVE fiction factions, not player alliances.
Thanks to Derron Bel.
- 28 Aug 2005 | Selecting by required standing | Explorer Beta
When selecting agents by "requiring standing ..", some agents weren't included, due to an error in the standing formula for the filter. Fixed. The comparison now uses the same required standing as the displayed (correct) value.
- 28 Aug 2005 | Selecting by research skill | Explorer Beta
When selecting agents by "with research skill containing ..", an error was reported. Fixed.
Thanks to Snack Pak.
- 26 Aug 2005 | Selecting 'security' as a division | Explorer Beta
When trying to select agents from the 'security' division, you would get agents from 'internal security' instead. Fixed.
Thanks to The Yzzerman.
- 26 Aug 2005 | Selecting an ambiguous division | Explorer Beta
Some selections with a partial match (for instance division 'security', which matches both 'security' and 'internal security'), the page didn't select both, but neither. Fixed. Note: if you want to select -only- 'security' agents, select all agents in division security and then exclude all the agents in division internal security using the NOT option.
Thanks to The Yzzerman.
- 26 Aug 2005 | Complexes integrated into the EVE Explorer | Explorer Beta
Added a fourth view to the EVE Explorer: show complexes. The EVE Explorer now lists complexes in a similar view as systems, allowing you to sort for distance to the complex.
Thanks to xHoodx.
- 25 Aug 2005 | Bug in select caused top option to disappear | Explorer beta
Only Internet Explorer was affected, so luckily all the important browsers were fine :). I decided to cut Bill some slack and fix it anyway. (This includes the "I can only select 'NOT' bug").
Thanks to Chris Sands (aka Sandzibar).
- 25 Aug 2005 | Out of game tables with rows | Explorer Beta
I've made very simple use of tables for the ingame page, stacking entire columns into 1 cell, to improve rendering speed. This worked fine for the IGB, but didn't look so hot in other browsers (notably IE). The page now renders complete tables out of game and stacked tables ingame. (net effect: it looks better)
- 14 Aug 2005 | MySQL error in case of no trust - fixed | Explorer Beta
There were some problems with trust if you hadn't registered, fixed that.
- 12 Aug 2005 | Added icons to find systems on the map to the lists | Explorer Beta
You can now click the icon that looks like a starmap in front of name and the map will center on that system.
- 12 Aug 2005 | Trust is no longer mandatory to use the page | Explorer Beta
Some people have serious trust issues and for them, the page now works without trust. Ofcourse, you don't get login or a 'current' button.
- 12 Aug 2005 | Fixed some visual bugs in the IGB | Explorer Beta
Added seperate columns for some of the icons
- 12 Aug 2005 | Increased the speed of the queries | Explorer Beta
By about 8% by joining in a different order. It's still not fast, I know. I'm working on some other ways to speed it up, but I hope you realize there's a lot of information on every page and the IGB isn't too good with tables. Try loading the page in Firefox to see how fast it -can- run.
- 12 Aug 2005 | Made the 'show agents' query the default | Explorer Beta
Instead of 'show systems', for quicker loading. This means you now drop onto the list of agents if you visit the page. If you need a list of systems, remember that it's fastest to restrict the list before displaying it. So, enter a query before showing the systems.
- 12 Aug 2005 | Increased the size of the info icon | Explorer Beta
Increased it to match the other icons and fix display bugs.
- 12 Aug 2005 | Added complexes to the database | Explorer Beta
Initially based on the list of Asgard Industries. You can now restrict your results to "in systems with complex of rating ..". If you enter '2' for instance, it would limit results to systems that have a 2/10 complex. Helps to find a complex near you, if you sort by distance.
- 12 Aug 2005 | Fixed some sql errors | Explorer Beta
Errors occurred when limiting a query on agent attributes. Fixed.
- 12 Aug 2005 | Changed the <, > and = symbols to 'lt', 'gt' and 'eq' | Explorer Beta
The only reason was to prevent some errors with selection boxes. This is specific to the IGB, I hope it will be fixed soon.