Known Issues & Changes
Read about recent changes to the Wiki as well.
Feel free to report bugs or request changes with Grismar.
- 16 May 2007 | Database stress | eve.grismar.net
From time to time, this site gets visited so often, the database engine give up. It results in some pages loading with MySQL error, but it usually clears up after an hour or so.
- 26 Nov 2006 | Double borders | eve.grismar.net
Pages using simple table borders (or div borders) now display double borders by default (in Revelations). I'm working on it, but currently it only affects some Wiki tables, which isn't too serious.
- 05 Apr 2006 | Serious need for documentation | eve.grismar.net
Some pages have seriously outdated their documentation and help. New help, faqs and documentation will be coming in soon(ish).
- 23 Dec 2006 | NPC Trade data | Explorer
NPC trade data can't be updated until CCP updates their item database, which I will be spidering.
- 23 Dec 2006 | Skill data | Wiki
The skill trees will have to be edited manually later on, since they are not included in the data export.
- 05 Aug 2008 | Changes to ore and ice list | Ore
I know, I know. But better late than never, no? The ore list, compounds and ice once more report correct number. Also, Ice now has a built-in calculator too and the prices for minerals and ice products will be updated dail from Q Hegemony MMI.
Thanks to BATMorpheous, Zarckon, Asuka Smith, Scordite Si, ObiWanJanobus, Laura Bassi, Wraith Slayer, Saphire Dragon, Ole Miner and several others I may be forgetting.
- 16 May 2007 | Updated build DB | Build
After the hosting trouble, some of the data seemed to have reverted. Also, I've disabled some links on this page if they only led to warnings.
Thanks to Alexej Simonov.
- 16 May 2007 | Item info links to Build | Item info
Since Item info searches a lot faster than Build, it may be preferable to use showinfo to find an item and then directly follow the new link into the build details from there.
- 16 May 2007 | Build tool improvements | Build
The Build tool now shows you whether the parts of an item are known, whether an item is known to be a part of something else and it specifies all of this on a details page for each item. The Build tool also lists item id.
- 16 May 2007 | Massive downtime | Wiki
After an unannounced "migration" by my utter crap hosting provider iPowerweb, the site is back up. They promised me it would only last 24 hours, 4 times in a row. And in the end, it did last 5 days. Being put on hold for 45 minutes on a cross-atlantic phone call is no picnic either. Avoid this hosting provider as the bubonic plague, is all I'm saying.
- 09 May 2007 | Updated build DB | Showinfo
The database update affects the showinfo page as well.
- 09 May 2007 | Updated build DB | Build
Re-spidered the itemdatabase on the eve-online.com website and using that data for the build pages now. Also included updated links to the out of game pages for items that have them.
- 18 Apr 2007 | Updated error message and instructions | Can
A couple of instructions needed clarification and the page now tells you to pay attention if you post it empty.
Thanks to Riethe.
- 17 Apr 2007 | Added remote container inspection | Can
A new page allows you to inspect the contents of containers and ships in remote stations, using the contract system.
- 13 Apr 2007 | Swapped Ozone and Water | Ore
Liquid Ozone and Heavy Water columns were mislabeled in the Ice chart. Fixed.
Thanks to Ing ColdBlood for pointing that out.
- 01 Apr 2007 | Added rig parts calculator | Rigs
A new page allows you to drop a bunch of salvage material on the browser and calculates what rigs you could build with these.
- 22 Mar 2007 | Added travel distance | Navigator
The Navigator now shows the distance that needs to be traveled inbetween jumps, in AU. It also give you an estimate of the time it will take to cover the distance with several common ships.
- 24 Feb 2007 | Updated agents, jumps, stations | Explorer
Due to a recent patch, the database was out of date, this has been fixed. Agents should now show in their proper stations, the stations being owned by the proper corporations and the distance once again match the map.
- 24 Feb 2007 | Updated jumps | Navigator
Due to a recent patch, the database was out of date, this has been fixed. Planned routes should match the map again.
- 16 Feb 2007 | Added Ice chart | Ore
Added a simple ice chart to the ore chart. No calculations for isk/m3, since ice isn't sufficiently diverse and common to worry about it.
- 15 Feb 2007 | Fixed error on ore chart | Ore
The ore chart listed Bistot as most mineral/m3. Though Bistot used to be the best mix of profit and megacyte, Arkonor has now taken its place again. It yields more megacyte per m3 of ore and makes you a better profit (both are 16m3, 200 batch size). The chart is now 100% correct (all values, including min/m3 ore have been doublechecked).
Thanks to Robeleto Kars for questioning the validity of the data.
- 07 Feb 2007 | Updated Wiki software | wiki.grismar.net
Updated the Wiki software to Wikka Wakka Wiki 126.96.36.199 and seperated EVE-related code from Wiki code as much as possible. Documented that and wrote a simple page on setting up your own IGB Wiki.
- 10 Jan 2007 | Global Contracts | Contracts
Created the first public (pre-beta) release of the new contracts page. With contracts no longer allowing for global search, EVE really needs a global contract advertising system in the IGB. This will get moved to a seperate domain if it really takes off (once it is out of beta and into actual release).
- 23 Dec 2006 | Added search for clone jump service | Explorer
Stations have seperate clone jump services, added that function to station types and made it searchable from the explorer.
- 23 Dec 2006 | Misrepresentation of agent functions | Explorer
Agent rows displayed the wrong icon for research and storyline, fixed that.
- 23 Dec 2006 | Integrated Revelations database | wiki.grismar.net
Most of the tools and parts of the Wiki now use the Revelations data. Notable exceptions: complexes, since these aren't exported; skill trees in the wiki, same reason; npc trade information, since CCP takes more time to update its website than I do :p (I will be spidering their site, since the export does not include the trade data).
You can download your own copy of the Revelations database from the dev blog pages.
Many thanks for t20 for the excellent support and for releasing the Revelations data.
- 26 Nov 2006 | Broken Wiki for Revelations | wiki.grismar.net
The Wiki didn't display in Revelations, due to CSS issues with the new IGB. The problem was values represented in percentages instead of pixels or em. I replaced all occurances in the CSS and removed the main page border (which renders as a double border for some reason) in the IGB and that solved it.
Thanks to BBEx for pointing out the problem in time.
- 09 Nov 2006 | Formatting of changes page | wiki.grismar.net
A couple of lines on this page were badly formatted, rendering it unreadable on some browsers. This was fixed.
- 09 Nov 2006 | Errors in mineral amounts 10% ore | Ore
All of the mineral values on the ore chart for +10% ore were valued at 1.1 * the +5 value, instead of 1.1 * the base value. This has been corrected. (Prices were correct all along, btw)
Thanks to Chevron for point me in the direction.
- 25 Oct 2006 | Auto-discovered search engine | Wiki
For users of Firefox 2 and other OpenSearch compatible browsers, the Wiki now advertises its own OpenSearch plugin. In Firefox, you can simple select "Add 'Search wiki.grismar.net'" from the search drop-down and the engine will be installed.
- 11 Oct 2006 | Averages | Rats & NPCs
The offensive and defensive view of the rats & NPCs page now shows average values for the current query. Null or zero values are ignored in the calculations, as are arbitrarily large values.
- 11 Oct 2006 | Images updated | Explorer
Some of the icons and the footers in the Explorer got outdated by the recent changes. New footer and sort icon images have been put in.
- 11 Oct 2006 | Style issues | wiki.grismar.net
Several pages had some minor remaining style issues. All of those have been resolved, including two pages not having a vertical scrollbar and column alignment in the Explorer.
- 11 Oct 2006 | Broken navbar on rats | Rats & NPCs
The navigation bar on the rats page wasn't working properly. The problem has been fixed, you can now browse all the rats again.
- 08 Oct 2006 | Wiki layout | wiki.grismar.net
The default layout of the Wikka Wakka Wiki didn't really sit well with the IGB. The Wiki code has been fixed to wrap the page in a table, fitting the Wiki pages into the overall wiki.grismar.net theme.
- 08 Oct 2006 | EVE Explorer Help | Explorer
The help pages for EVE Explorer were out of date and unclear. New pages have been written as part of the Wiki, here GrismarNetExplorer.
- 08 Oct 2006 | Filter for 'Kill' mission types | Explorer
Many people have requested that the Explorer get a filter for 'kill' missions, or mission types in general. You can now filter for mission types 'kill' or 'courier' and only get results with agents in divisions that offer more than 80% of these types of missions.
- 04 Oct 2006 | Restyling | wiki.grismar.net
I've brought all of the pages in line with eachother, fixing minor bugs in the process. However, I probably introduced a couple of new ones as well. Let me know and I'll fix them ASAP.
- 29 Sep 2006 | Newly introduced JS bugs | wiki.grismar.net
- 29 Sep 2006 | Added Build Section | Build
An entirely new section, that allows you to calculate the mineral value and mineral size of items. For now, it's mainly useful in the case that the item is actually entirely made up of minerals, but who knows what the future will bring...
- 29 Sep 2006 | Added links to item database | wiki.grismar.net
- 28 Sep 2006 | Fixed broken skills in Wiki | wiki.grismar.net
The merge of the subdomains accidentally broken the references to skill descriptions on the wiki. It's fixed now.
Thanks to Chevron for pointing me in the direction.
- 25 Sep 2006 | Merged subdomains | wiki.grismar.net
Finally, I've merged eve.grismar.net and wiki.grismar.net. Some DNS funk may yet occur, but within a day or so, you should always end up on the root wiki. Note that addresses referring to http://eve.grismar.net/wiki will break sometime soon and should be changed to refer to http://wiki.grismar.net now.
- 25 Sep 2006 | Query Errors | Explorer
There was an issue using temporary tables. After collecting a lot of data, a workaround is now in place and everything should work according to plan.
- 25 Sep 2006 | Error reported on first run of explorer | Explorer
The first time you ran a query on the explorer page, it generated an error. Fixed.
- 12 Sep 2006 | Missing jump added to database | Navigator
The Ikao - Juunigaishi jump was missing from the database. I doublechecked the other "recent" changes, but this seems to be the one omission.
Thanks to Anathema Matou for spotting it.
- 10 Aug 2006 | Added map view to the navigator | Navigator
You can now let the navigator display the systems in the route in a map with all of the constellations visited. (12 apr, has it been that long... I'm on it ;))
- 12 Apr 2006 | Explanation of columns | Rats & NPCs
Some people have asked about the meaning of some of the colums on the pages. A brief explanation is now given on a seperate help page.
- 12 Apr 2006 | Navigator column width | Navigator
The width of the navigator result has been increased to allow for nicer display of the region and constellation names. Some non-breaking spaces were added to prevent the IGB from messing up the layout.
- 12 Apr 2006 | 0.0 Region names fixed | Explorer | Complexes
Some regions got real names a few patches back. My database still had the old (numeric) regionnames, I changed those to the new ones. You can still search for the old ones and find them, but it will always display the new name.
- 05 Apr 2006 | Added constellation names to navigator | Navigator
I was looking at the code anyway, so I decided to put in constellations for the Navigator too. Similar to regions, it wil mention the constellation name whenever you enter a new one.
- 05 Apr 2006 | Fixed the > and < problems | Explorer
Finally managed to fix the problems with the math symbols, though I still have to feed the IGB different picklists. At least it's now -possible- to do it.
Thanks to Astatine Eightyfive for reminding me, Traveller for fixing it.
- 05 Apr 2006 | Fixed the > and < problems | System Security
Works here too
- 05 Apr 2006 | Fixed the > and < problems | Navigator
- 05 Apr 2006 | Merged the changelogs | wiki.grismar.net
I merged the changelogs for all the tools. You're looking at it.
- 05 Apr 2006 | Added new agent data | Explorer
I finally stumbled into the new data on the agents. Locators should now be fully up to date.
- 05 Apr 2005 | Added locator agents again | Explorer
Somehow, locator agents lost their function in the Bloodlines or RMR update. They are now marked as locators again.
Thanks to Rex Mundi.
- 05 Apr 2006 | Added a ton of complexes (1) | Explorer
The database now has 515 special locations. 75 beacons, 27 COSMOS complexes and 413 are regular deadspace complexes.
Many thanks to JP Beauregard.
- 05 Apr 2006 | Added a ton of complexes (2) | Complexes
Updated the complexes page to show the new data too.
- 01 Apr 2006 | Added region names | Navigator
The start and end system as well as the systems where you switch region, now diplay their region name.
- 01 Apr 2006 | Updated error messages | Navigator
Some error messages weren't very clear. Fixed that.
- 01 Apr 2006 | Moved remarks to top | Navigator
Remarks about the executed query used to be printed at the bottom. This was confusing some users, so they're now at the top.
- 01 Apr 2006 | Duplicate destinations in errors | Navigator
EVE Navigator now reports duplicate locations and tells you which ones are duplicates.
- 15 Mar 2006 | Fixed defensive options not showing on IE (AGAIN) | Rats & NPCs
Internet Explorer didn't manage to show the top option in my picklist, Defensive data. I fixed that, really this time.
Thanks to LisaB.
- 14 Mar 2006 | Faulty version info | Rats & NPCs
The page still reported being from September 27 2005, which was bogus.
Thanks to Deckert.
- 14 Mar 2006 | Fixed defensive options not showing on IE | Rats & NPCs
Internet Explorer didn't manage to show the top option in my picklist, Defensive data. I fixed that.
Thanks to Claymoray.
- 10 Mar 2006 | Added the new rat data from the RMR export | Rats & NPCs
A lot of new data, so possibly a lot of errors too. Please let me know if you notice errors or omissions.
- 10 Mar 2006 | Split the Vessel Explorer in 3 | Rats & NPCs
There's so many columns available now, I split them in three. I'll write up a page explaining all of the columns later.
- 10 Mar 2006 | Cancelled a more spiffy looking interface | Rats & NPCs
Basically, I got fed up with the pickiness of the IGB and it's interpretation of CSS. So, I junked the new interface and adapted the old one to fit the new data in its new format.
- 10 Mar 2006 | Updated jumps from Bloodlines | Explorer
The jumps have been added and the three removed ones removed.
- 10 Mar 2005 | Updated jumps from Bloodlines | Navigator
The jumps have been added and the three removed ones removed.
- 10 Mar 2005 | Small problem with inability to select some systemnames | Navigator
Fixed a bug in the auto-picking of names that are included in other systemnames.
- 27 Feb 2006 | Moved Agents | Explorer
The agents got moved quite a while ago, but my database should now finally reflect all of the moves and show the agents in their proper locations.
- 19 Jan 2006 | Searching for Asteroid Belts | Explorer
Added the option to search for systems that have asteroid belts. Currently, you can only tell the Explorer the number of asteroid belts you require to be in the system, there's no options to search for types of ore. (this is similar to the ice fields search option)
- 07 Jan 2006 | Insane pricing | Explorer
The data export by t20 had all prices listed 10,000x the actual baseprice value. I corrected the copied data.
Thanks to Aram Gishno.
- 07 Jan 2006 | Added Bought and Sold data RMR | Explorer
I spidered the new item database on eve-online.com and integrated the new NPC buy and sell orders. You can now search for any item sold by an NPC again (use the "show npc" trade view).
- 07 Jan 2006 | Fixed RMR display problems | Explorer
The IGB has seen some changes for RMR and it also has serious trouble rendering properly, so I removed all of those and tried to fix the other display problems. However, I probably introduced some new ones. Feel free to let me know if you see pages that look bad.
- 07 Jan 2006 | Added Additional Bought and Sold data RMR
I also spidered the corporation listings and found that there's some errors in the item database. For instance, the Vigil Blueprint is sold by Freedom Extension. However, this shows on the Vigil Blueprint page, but it does not show on the Freedom Extension page. I merged the results from both spider sessions and the result is in my database.
Watch out for errors using the eve-online.com database.
- 28 Dec 2005 | Searching for Ice Fields | Explorer
Added the option to search for systems that have ice fields. Currently, you can only tell the Explorer the number of ice fields you require to be in the system, there's no options to search for types of ice.
- 22 Dec 2005 | Broken link in help | Explorer
One of the links in help to another help page was broken. Fixed.
Thanks to Roidrunner.
- 22 Dec 2005 | Not clear that you can save favs | Explorer
It wasn't very clear that you could save favourites, several people asked when it was already possible. Added a notification.
Thanks to evoluder. (among others)
- 21 Dec 2005 | Fixed a problem with Internet Explorer | System Security
The page didn't diplay properly (or not at all) in Internet Explorer. I fixed the page to match IE's wiles and it's working now.
Thanks to Foomanshoe.
- 20 Dec 2005 | Setup the change logs | wiki.grismar.net
The 5 main pages of eve.grismar.net now all have tracked changes and link back to the wiki.
- 20 Dec 2005 | Linked up with EVE Explorer | System Security
You can now click the number of jumps to a target in EVE Explorer and get a nice route from EVE Navigator. You can add stuff to the query there to further limit your travels.
- 20 Dec 2005 | "Set to" systemname mismatches | Explorer
The new 'show #jumps from' button, previously the 'set to' button, also had a bugfix. It used to select a system like Shabura when you entered 'habu' as a name, even though 'Habu' itself is a systemname, making it impossible to select. It now prefers text at the start of the word and shorter matches.
Thanks to Jim Way.
- 06 Jan 2006 | RMR Data Export, agents | Explorer
t20 released the RMR data export, you can find the data on his dev blog. I integrated the new agents into the database.
Thanks to t20.
- 06 Dec 2005 | Old locator data | Explorer
The RMR data export did not contain any information about which agents offer a locator services, so I merged that data from the old database.
CORRECTION The RMR data -does- contain the information, it's just not where I looked. Fixed that Apr 05 2006.
- 06 Dec 2005 | Searching for Tutorial and Event agents | Explorer
Although it's still not quite clear what makes them special, I've added the event agents and tutorial agents as special agents and you can search for them (search for agents offering function ..).
- 06 Dec 2005 | Showing Unusable, Event and Tutorial agents | Explorer
You cannot use CONCORD faction agents, the explorer now marks them. Tutorial and Event agents are also marked as such
- 06 Dec 2005 | Misspelled Jovian Directorate | Explorer
Good thing I get around to these important bugs :p.
- 06 Dec 2005 | Taken out of beta | Explorer
This really changes nothing. But since there have been no error reports for over a month, barring really small stuff, I've decided to change this project's status and focus on RMR now.
- 06 Dec 2005 | Linked up with EVE Navigator | Explorer
You can now click the number of jumps to a target and get a nice route from EVE Navigator. You can add stuff to the query there to further limit your travels.
- 18 Nov 2005 | Fixed issue with saved queries. (Yay!) | Explorer Beta
Apparently, saved queries only worked if you happened to be the user with id 1. Which is me :). I fixed it and it should work for all now. Sadly, I cannot retrieve the queries you tried to save before. Apologies.
- 17 Nov 2005 | Complexes spelling fixed | Explorer Beta
A couple of complexes had 'rouge' instead of 'rogue' in their names and an Outgrowth complex was misnamed. Also, the Inder complex was overrated at 3/10 and was corrected to 2/10 (no way to show it is COSMOS atm).
Thanks to Trelennen.
- 17 Nov 2005 | Missing NPC trade item data | Explorer Beta
I've reparsed the item listings from the eve-online.com database. This time around, the item listings instead of the corp listings were parsed. This actually resulted in less npc orders, but seems to be closer to the truth. I have yet to find omissions or false positives.
Thanks to Aspatame for suggestions on parsing.
- 17 Nov 2005 | Improved initial load time | Explorer Beta
The Explorer used to open with a list of stations. I've changed it to open with nothing selected. This speeds up loading the first page and allows you to select the view you need rightaway.
Thanks to Boothby.
For older changes, check the Archive.