You can play EVE either fullscreen or windowed. If you play it fullscreen you have the advantage of the most immersive graphics, without distractions and slightly better fps on most systems. If you play it windowed, you have the advantage of being able to run multiple clients and switch to other applications without trouble, as well as allowing multiple monitor users to continue using applications on the other screen(s).
It would be great to have most of the advantages of both though, wouldn't it? Now you can, with EVE Launcher. If you configure EVE to run windowed, at the same resulotion your main (gaming) screen is at, EVE Launcher can automatically position the client to look just like it's running fullscreen.
For those of you who don't know how, here's it step by step:
- In Windows, rightclick your desktop and select "Properties".
- Go to the 'Settings' tab.
- If you have multiple screens, select the one you play EVE on.
- Look at what it says under 'Screen area' and make a note of it.
- Close the settings, start EVE and log in.
- In the options window (ESC), go to the 'graphics' tab.
- Under 'Windowed or fullscreen', select 'Window mode'.
- Under 'Window size', select the option that matches your 'Screen Area' settings, which you noted before.
- Done, if you start EVE from the EVE Launcher now, you can have it position it to the same monitor and it will look like it's running fullscreen.
- Do this with multiple clients and will be like switching between full screen clients.